C. Daniel Smith, MD
Clinically accomplished and respected, for the past 20 years Dr. Smith has been deeply committed to helping patients with acid reflux and other diseases of the esophagus and stomach understand and achieve optimal management of their condition.
In addition to having performed esophageal surgery on over 4,000 patients, he has published over 130 peer-review publications, 20 book chapters and delivered hundreds of podium presentations on his clinical experience and research into esophageal diseases. Using advanced techniques and technologies in the care of patients has been a hallmark of his esophageal practice, introducing minimally invasive techniques to the care of all manner of esophageal disease, and having pioneered many of the currently accepted approaches to assessing and managing surgical conditions of the esophagus.
- Internationally recognized expert in diagnosis and treatment of esophageal and gastric disease
- Expert with advanced diagnostic and surgical technologies and techniques, especially minimally invasive surgery
- Extensive experience and expertise with complex and revisional surgery
- Consultant and advisor to leading medical industries focused on GI disease and advanced surgical technologies
- Compassionate clinician committed to taking the time to help patients with esophageal and gastric conditions
- Widely published on esophageal diseases - over 200 articles and book chapters in medical literature
- Sought after speaker about acid reflux and esophageal disease - over 180 lectures in 14 countries around the world